Affordable walk in shower, Convert tub into walk in shower
If you're like many homeowners these days, you have a tub taking up precious space in your bathroom - but you never use it. Wouldn't you like to make better use of all that space and convert it to something you'll really use? Would you rather have an extra large walk in shower instead?
Lots of people would answer “yes, but I don't have the budget or time for a bathroom remodel.” The good news is that a tub to shower conversion will get you just what you want, without the cost of fully renovating the bath. You'll also avoid the inconvenience of doing without your bathroom for weeks during a big, major, messy home improvement project. In a short time, the room will look as if it has been remodeled, with the new shower enclosure providing a fresh look that integrates with your current decor.
An affordable tub to shower conversion will provide you with a large, comfortable shower that looks great, feels wonderful, is easy to access and doesn't require a second mortgage to afford., In fact, these conversions may actually raise the re-sale value of your home. The less-involved tub to shower (or walk-in bathtub) conversion process usually involves simply removing and replacing your bathtub surround with a durable extra-large shower base. Versatile shower conversions offer many style, color and accessory options to consider and features to look for, such as:
- Choose from many shower base colors and styles, from porcelain to cultured marble and everything in-between
- Select from a large assortment of door styles, materials, textures and colors in hinged or sliding-door configurations. Options may include, depending upon the dealer, clear or patterned glass, chrome, silver tone, gold tone or brass toned framing and more.
- Pick your favorite from many faucet/drain and shower head styles and finishes. For example sunflower or waterfall shower heads may be an option or you might choose multiple water jets all around the walls
- Most units offer easy-to-clean grout-free walls in an assortment of colors
- Select safety, convenience or pampering features such as shelves, grab bars, comfortable built-in seating and secure water-tight entry doors
- High tech options such as an integrated television monitor may be offered as an option in some conversions
- Choose a soaker safety bath (also called a walk-in bathtub) with water depth of up to 30 inches for a relaxing, comfortable, seated bath
- Wheelchair accessible shower conversions are available
- Spa-like options such as water massage jets, air jets and “steam-room” features can be added to conversion packages offered by most dealers
- Many dealers offer a choice of one-piece shower surrounds with a smooth, modern look, custom made and properly sized to prevent leaks
- Look for a lifetime warranty, offered by many quality installers and dealers
- Dedicated do-it-yourselfers can purchase a conversion kit to keep costs even lower
When you decide to turn your existing tub into a functional, attractively-styled and safe shower that you and your family will use and enjoy, go online. There you can to place an order, ask questions, investigate design and financing options and get details. Or simply call your local contractor/dealer to learn about your options and compare prices. Most quality installers/dealers offer a free on-site estimate at your home.
With the more basic, streamlined tub to shower conversion, your highly-skilled, factory-trained installation crew may have your bathroom back to you in as little as one day. In a short time you can have a rejuvenated new shower to invigorate you in the morning or relax you at days end. With a quality tub to shower conversion, you'll enjoy years of attractive design, superior performance and durability.